2008 Winter Ice Fishing Derby
January 1st to March 31st 2008 (Please check local regulations for open seasons for fishing, and please respect fish sanctuaries)
Prizes awarded in each of the following categories for largest fish and/or best picture as follows:
Largest Walleye (pickerel)
Largest Trout (any specie)
Best Picture (scenery, ice fishing, fish, etc)
1. All entries to be made via photograph which must include: the fish, and measuring tape if possible for size verification, Tournament to run from January 1st to March 31st, and all entries must be received by and no later than Monday April 7th, 2008
2. Member must submit the region / county they were fishing in.
3. Lake the fish was caught in (this is optional, as we understand you want to keep your secret spots)
4. Member must submit the technique used (again, secret baits do not have to be revealed)
5. E-mail address must be included, so we can contact you for your prizes.
6. Entries may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by regular mail to:
6 Bennett drive
Elliot Lake, ON
Rules of play:
This is a primarily catch and release tournament, fish must be released or they will not be included for prizes.
A picture capturing the release is worth bonus.
No speared, bow caught fish, or fish intentionally hooked deeply (such as allowing fish to eat live bait).
Any area in is open to the threeguysfishing.com Internet Classic
Entrants of any age are eligible.
As threeguysfishing.com is by and for the average angler, Professional fisherpersons are not encouraged to compete.
Anglers must be a member of threeguysfishing.com to enter. Membership is free and you can join by the link in the top left hand corner of the page.
Pictures of top anglers will be posted on threeguysfishing.com
Prizes for top anglers.
- All fish must be caught in Ontario.
- all winners will be chosen at the discretion of threeguysfishing.com
- All fish must be caught by the entrant.
- All contestants must comply with all Provincial, Federal, Local, and any other pertinent fishing laws and regulations.
- At the discretion of the officials, we reserves the right to strictly enforce the following policy: Any contestant issued a citation for violation of any fishing laws during the duration of this contest, will be disqualified from the contest; and no refunds of any applicable entry fees will be made.
- All contestants in submitting an entry agree to hold harmless any and all promoters, tournament directors, agents, agencies and organizations assisting the Three Guys Fishing Internet Classic. Furthermore, all contestants agree to waiver all responsibility for death, injuries, damaged, liability, theft, fire or loss of any kind to entrants. Entering a fish is in fact signing a waiver form.
- All rules have "loopholes". It is the intention of the tournament committee to provide a sportsmanlike tournament. All questions or problems are to be referred to the tournament directors who will have sole jurisdiction in determining the application of the rules. Any disqualification will result in loss of protest fee. Any disqualification will result in the loss of all championship points for that event. If you are disqualified, you are not entitled to any refund.
- These rules will remain unchanged throughout the 2008 season. Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the tournament directors. Failure to comply with any rule may result in disqualification. The decision of the tournament director shall be final in all matters. Protests must be made in writing within 5 days of the final day of the tournament.
- Winning prizes will be distributed by Three Guys Fishing to the winners via mail or local pickup.
- In case of a tie, the earliest entered fish will be the winner with the latter fish dropping by one place